1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offering parking space to earn money is another form of begging

Discussion in 'Living in Qatar' started by Bonjiek Dakoykoy, Jul 4, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    There are complaints about a new form of 'begging', that is offering to motorists a parking lot and expecting money in return.

It is believed that they block parking areas in crowded places like hospitals, primary health centres, souqs and mosques and offering the parking space to motorists expecting for some money in return. They will not ask for money but they will make you sympathize with them and making you realize the convenience they offered.

Do you think it is a form of begging even if they don't collect or ask money from them, that it's the generosity of the motorists who pay voluntarily?

2. Saqib Mumtaz

Saqib Mumtaz
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    they got money with this kind trick. new style of getting money.

3. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    If you are having difficulty in finding a parking space then suddenly someone will offer you 'kindness', we usually give thanks by offering something. Help for money.

4. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    We don’t know their story maybe sometimes they lost their jobs.Maybe having a rough month and just need some help.begging has become a nuisance in Ramadan though the religious teachings warn against such practices and consider this as degradation for humans.but for me even if it is begging or not , and someone is needy and poor no harm to give voluntarily..

5. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    You have a point ma'am @Rolita Pungyan. But if they are taking advantage the kindness of people especially during Ramadan that is not right and must be stopped.

Rolita Pungyan likes this.
  6. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    I think those who are really suffering like losing a job they can maybe ask their embassy to assist them if that is the least they can do. I think the practice mentioned above is illegal and once this incident be brought to the authorities attention I would not be surprised if they wont face any trouble in doing this so if we are concern them give them advise and ask them to go to the right department that could assist them of what they had gone through otherwise if you continue to encourage them with that practice then these people might take these chances to become as opportunity.

Bonjiek Dakoykoy likes this.
  7. Yusuf Shamim

Yusuf Shamim
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    Similar thing happened with me few days back, while I was looking for parking space in Al Sadd, a person was showing me directions and helped me park my car near a shop. I was surprised why he did this without knowing me, but after I parked my car and came down, he came close and showed his face like wanted something from me, I said let me come back I will see. On my return I cudn't see him but later while I exited he was there, as a sadqa and for his help I gave him few riyals. During this month of ramadan it's our duty to help needy and few riyals doesnt matter for some help we get. Allah knows better.

Bonjiek Dakoykoy likes this.
  8. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    That's so kind of you.