1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Begging is not allowed in Qatar!

Discussion in 'Culture & Law' started by Bonjiek Dakoykoy, Jun 22, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    To report begging contact Anti-Begging section of Criminal Investigation Dept. on 2347444 or 33618627.

If you encounter someone begging for money from you, will you report or offer help? If you will not report and help instead, are you punishable?

2. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    I had encounter such an incident when I was in Corniche eating bread and suddenly a young man came to ask for food so my husband decided to give the two pieces of bread to him because he looks like he's hungry.

3. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    When I was assigned before in Ras Laffan and during Fridays we went to Doha for a stroll around the city with friends, purchase something or send money to our home country, I encountered someone begging for Riyals while we were inside our service bus waiting for the driver to go back to our camp accommodation. He showed some papers with pictures and I saw how terrible his situation was. I didn't know that time that it's not allowed here so I offered a Riyal or two.

4. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    Most of beggars are not really poor, they have money earned from begging,so they just get use to it.and Yes it a crime but there is an institution called Qatar Charity causes the country hundreds of millions each year just to help poor people and stop begging. If you see someone who is REALLY in need, take him or her to Qatar Charity this is one way also to help them..

5. Yusuf Shamim

Yusuf Shamim
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    It was recently when I was walking down home from the mosque after Fajr prayers, I was approached by two men dressed in local attire, stopping and asking me for money for Iftar in some asian countries, they had a photocopy of some documents in Urdu but it was clear from their words that they were not genuine and carried fake papers for lure people coming out of mosque. While I waited two other neighbours came down and left some money with them. i dont know but it never felt to me paying these guys, feel better to give or pay to counters at malls, representing Qatar Charity and RAF.