1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar ministry penalizes stores at Landmark Mall for running fake sales

Discussion in 'Stores' started by Bonjiek Dakoykoy, Jun 19, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    Due to misleading sales offers, three stores in Qatar’s Landmark Mall have been fined QR6,000 each and have had their licenses to hold such promotions temporarily revoked.

Officials from Qatar’s Ministry of Economy and Commerce (MEC) withdrew the permits from the shops – one of which is believed to be the children’s clothing store Gymboree – after officers doing spot-checks earlier this week found their discounts to be bogus.

The ministry announced the penalties in Arabic on Twitter. Accompanying photos show staff at a store understood to be Gymboree removing promotion signs from the displays. The MEC did not name the shops that have been penalized.

Full story here: Doha News

2. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    Personally, I never thought that this is happening here. I mean it's not the first time. Have you experienced this guys? Going in to a store because of the big discounts displayed but actually items are still not discounted?

3. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    and its just an ordinary sale that is happening .weve been here for sevenyears and every weekend we are strolling in every mall, and I cannot remember that I bought something during ramadan because it has a big discount..and aside of this shops may offering promotions and attractive because they wanted to sell off goods which have close expiry dates.

4. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    Customers or cusumers has always the right and this shows that the right of consumers is really justified by these incidents. It is giving lessons to shops who had violated the right of the consumers. Qatar has showed in this case that it never wants mislieading actions by shops to prevail and dont want consumers to be victim by these situations. Shops should always abide as per promotions ruling or policy.

5. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    And we consumers don't know if they are having fake sale. It's good to know that they are checking on this to protect us.

6. Yusuf Shamim

Yusuf Shamim
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    As earlier I shared about the sales by Centrepoint - Babyshop, shoe mart abs splash, even while they announce sale upto 50%, many counter still read as This is not part of promotion.

7. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    They're lucky they were not checked or else they are on the news.