1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel of Relaxation on Ramadan

Discussion in 'Working in Qatar' started by Darling, Jun 18, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    As this is the month of Ramadan, everyone is feeling relief of shortened office timings some may have more time to relax and take nap at daytime from work and maybe more time to enjoy on malls during evening. But I have different case which was in contrast of my expectation before Ramadan and Summer reduce timings enforcement came to effect. It turns out that my husband has to work at night instead of daytime being a civil engineer needed in the construction site. So i had many things to miss like free spectacular events and shows during night time in this celebration of the month of Ramadan and my kid will also miss to experience those happenings that mostly possible to witness at night. Folks please share your wonderful experience too.

2. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    Ramadan experience for the first day my kids only 6 hours in the school, many discounted prices or affordable price in mall even in grocery and people outside were much nicer, I noticed less arguments and crazy things on the streets, I noticed more giving. seeing people give out drinks to the bus.I am not a very religious person, but I respect all religions and feel like the key to understanding one an other is to also understand each others religion. respecting the religion (Ramadan) is what it signifies to the millions of Muslims around the world.

3. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    Yes it is very relaxing at work during Ramadan, less working hours and less load of works. I have time to sleep in the afternoon for at least 2 hours before going for my daily routine like walking then go for dinner. I have also enough time to chat with my wife back home. During Iftar you can see our brothers gathering, chatting and sharing a cup of tea. When you see them smiling it makes you feel happy as well. At work, it is really understandable that some of our Muslim colleagues need to take a nap and it is our initiative who are not fasting to help them with their works.

4. Yusuf Shamim

Yusuf Shamim
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    It was not the same few years back when only Muslims got this privilege of working less hours, rest all where working normal hours and then rule was imposed that working hours (max 6 hours) for all regardless any religion. Allah bless QATAR and the Emir.