1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THINK before you CLICK!!!

Discussion in 'Culture & Law' started by Rolita Pungyan, May 27, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    As social media becomes an even more powerful agent of change in the public sphere, and with many of us utilizing (or abusing) it as a tool to get a message across..In the current news today Parents convicted for defaming school on social media.defamation case against the parents, accusing them of defaming it through social media,Qatar has strict laws against defamation. Anything said in public, including social media platforms, that may negatively affect the reputation of an individual or cause emotional harm to their family is illegal..
    How far are you willing to take your posts?Can you share your thoughts guys.

suhair hassan likes this.
  2. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    You know I would strongly support with that. I had realized nowadays that social network such as fb,twitter and etc. we're actually built for us for our own good but not realizing too that it could be used it in a devil way. I had observe based on my experience that it can also influence you while you are reading other post. Some of your friends exposed something about frustrations and problems regarding families,personal,work and etc. and later their actions may also impact you that if you can't control you can also do the same. Before the existence of these social media's I never heard of a family exposing his anger or frustrations publicly but now because of these media's private issues becomes public. Even frauds can use this tool. I think these media should limit everyone's freedom to abuse it and use it in devil ways and I think Qatar is playing a good role in implementing sanctions against people who abuse and jeopardise other reputation and lives. Think before you click should everyone exercise to avoid getting into trouble.

suhair hassan and Rolita Pungyan like this.
  3. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    Think before you click, indeed. Every person has different ways of coping up their frustrations/anger but not everyone can think before they click when they're swallowed by their emotions. You can see people share their sentiments, expressing their frustrations. Some don't name names and some directly mention someone else. You can express your opinion and your feelings because you have the right to do that. But in this country, it's strictly prohibited to post comments against someone. There are some people lost their jobs by sharing to social media their thoughts against the company.