1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is dating allowed in Qatar?

Discussion in 'Social Life' started by Bonjiek Dakoykoy, Jun 13, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    I am married and dating is non of my business, but I wonder if meeting or dating with someone, having dinner together in a fine restaurant, seeing and clubbing with someone you are not related to is legal in Qatar?

I asked this for the benefit of those singles who are planning to date someone while working in the country.

2. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    its illegal considering that both of you are committed with someone but theres no law forbidding two people going for a movie, dinner or long drive together. What is forbidden is PDA even between husband and wife in public.

3. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    In my understanding to your response @Rolita Pungyan, If you are committed and dating with someone else it's morally illegal but not by law of Qatar, correct me if I'm wrong. As you mentioned there's no law forbidding two people for going out as long as there's no public display of attention.

4. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    For me there's nothing wrong to date when you are both singles and respect each other with decensy. Each should remember that this is a Gulf Area and these people here are conservative type so there should be no Public Display for your intimacy if you happen to be girlfriend or boyfriend. But being married and like to eat with someone else on public which only the two of them is involve well I just hope that no Qatari can catch them because once someone will come and interrogate them and will find out that they are not really related to each other I think it could raised questions whether they come with an illicit affair in that regard. I should suggest that if you are already married and would like to dine out or hang out with friends then spend it rather that way to spare your self with the future trouble.