1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake 'resin-laced' rice already in the Manila market showing Styrofoam-like texture which could last

Discussion in 'Qatar Forum News' started by Darling, Jul 4, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    [​IMG]

The National Food Authority is now urging the public to be vigilant against the increase of fake rice in the local market. As many victims are now coming forward, the threat is obviously exploding and could cause serious health damage to consumers.

The resin-laced rice allegedly originated from China and is now being shipped to different countries—including the Philippines. Recent news showed the rice first being discovered in Davao, and this latest video shows that the rice is already in Manila.

Helen Osin, president of the Confederation of Grains Retailers Association of the Philippines (Grecon), claims that the rice could last for weeks without spoiling after being cooked. The rice resembles Styrofoam texture when cooked, and is definitely poisonous. A victim named Carmencita Grinio came forward after she cooked rice bought from a local store. According to her, after it was cooked, the rice looked like Styrofoam and she was scared to feed it to her family.

Guys my suggestions on this is to totally eradicate from our market the importing activities of goods from China.

Source:http://www.qatarday.com/news/intern...lready-in-the-manila-market/21880#prettyPhoto

2. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    I think our customs are now very strict and doing thorough inspection on all goods imported to the Philippines especially if they came from China. I just wonder, why are importing rice from China? Don't we have enough supply? If we don't why are we even exporting if we don't have enough for our country?

The best advice I could give is to buy the products from trusted manufacturer even if it costs a little bit high, you and your family health safety is priceless.