1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volunteers in Qatar organize Iftar drive

Discussion in 'Qatar News' started by Saqib Mumtaz, Jul 7, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Saqib Mumtaz

Saqib Mumtaz
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    On 4th of July 2015, a group of Qatar Volunteers conducted an iftar drive on Sports Roundabout, Ramada Signal and Airport Signal.

The aim of the iftar drive was to spread awareness among commuters for driving safe and not rushing to reach their home to break the fast by distributing iftar to those stuck in traffic.

The volunteers gathered at the Loyola international school for 2 consecutive days for the collection and packing of the iftar bags.

A large number of volunteers showed up for help and were also provided with Iftar while they packed. Generous amounts of donation were also recieved.

Iftar packets included water bottles, assorted tetrapack juices, small date packs, mamoul biscuits and zipper bags.
    Keeping true to the spirit of Ramadan, these volunteers showed great enthusiasm withstanding the high temperature and helping out Muslims to not miss out on breaking of their fast on time.

2. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    This is a nice idea and let's make a drive to spread this through out the world that Qatar has initiated this kind of act of kindness. Hope people around the world will follow these nice gestures. I'm proud of Qatar.

3. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    I believe this is an annual activity. Not so long ago we experienced this on our way back to our accommodation, we received these Iftar packets. I was first thinking there was an inspection but they are distributing such kindness to the motorists. True spirit of Ramadan.

4. Yusuf Shamim

Yusuf Shamim
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    I had been serving for many events as volunteer, but this was my first hand experience and it was great. Will be doing more such work for the community. insha allah.

5. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    How to become a volunteer for this kind of event sir @Yusuf Shamim ?

6. Yusuf Shamim

Yusuf Shamim
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    On FB account "Qatar Volunteers" register yourself. hope to see you on next charity event @Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy likes this.