1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two food products banned

Discussion in 'Health' started by Rolita Pungyan, Jul 3, 2015.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    The Supreme Council of Health (SCH) yesterday issued a circular to ports to ban the entry of two food products — instant coconut milk powder, 50-gramme pack and instant coconut cream powder, 250-gramme pack imported from Malaysia under the trade mark Santan.In a statement, SCH said the products were banned for failure to match specifications and containing milk not declared on the label.

The food industry does not want us to pay attention to the ingredients nor do they care about the negative effects from eating them. They certainly don’t care about the cause of that are a direct result of us eating the inferior food they are creating
    This food industry must discontinue the use of banned ingredients that are not allowed. We deserve to have the same quality food without potential toxins..
    Thoughts!!

Newer Threads
  2. Bonjiek Dakoykoy

Bonjiek Dakoykoy
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Married
    I don't know if all the products coming in to Qatar are being inspected thoroughly. It is scary to think sometimes that there are some ingredients of a certain product are not being mentioned on the label. Even if it's mentioned, we the consumers don't bother ourselves to know what are they. The SCH did a good job by banning these products.

3. Darling

Darling
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    Good that Qatar is alert and actively scrutinizing the products that are coming in. I have heard that many Chinese products too are dangerous if not properly check. And I am worry about the welfare of our families we left in the Philippines since China products can still access there even in an illegal way since Philippines I think is not so strict unlike Qatar.One for example is the synthetic rice that some of our co filipinos in my province in Davao was able to buy such kind because it was sold in a market before they realized it's not a human consumption because it's a fake rice. What do you think guys is the best way to penalize the sources or manufacturers of these imported toxic products?

4. Rolita Pungyan

Rolita Pungyan
    Expand Collapse

Relationship:
    Single
    Yes of course this are their liabilities...In every country they need to properly label country of origin on all food products. They need to know where their food is coming from so they can choose to avoid consuming toxic imports.they need to create safety inspection fees for foreign food and put money collected from it into the FDA to ensure proper inspections are made. This will allow the FDA to full fund our inspection process and update the technology it uses in inspecting imported food.And they need to examine trade agreements that reduce our ability to protect ourselves from unsafe food. Trade agreements which allow international organizations to override our food safety laws are unacceptable.and lastly , they should implement more inspections at the state level. With these safeguards in place, we will be able to reduce the risks posed by toxic food imports, and reduce the number of People illnesses and deaths caused by toxic food.